• info@studyadvisoryservices.com
  • +2347036474089 | +2349027313226

USA Higher education system is typically divided into: Associate degrees Undergraduate (bachelor) degrees Graduate education (master’s and PhDs/doctorates) The U.S. academic calendar typically runs from September to May and can be divided into two academic terms of 16-18 weeks known as semesters. Alternatively, some schools may operate on a quarter or trimester system of multiple terms of 10-12 weeks. With the variety of available U.S. higher education options, students are sure to find the right fit for their academic, financial, and personal needs There is also a very active social life on USA campuses, with many clubs and organisations students can join to meet other students with similar interests and to help further career opportunities.

How much does it cost to study in USA? Studying in USA universities or colleges costs vary between different institutions. Accommodation and living in USA costs depend on your personal lifestyle. Tuition will be the most expensive component of your educational costs. The price of tuition can range from $10,000 to $55,000 (USD) per year. Accommodation in USA will typically range from $3,000 to $8,000 per year. (Tuition and Accommodation fees will depend on your location and University choice, course choice may further impact your tuition fees) Most campuses offer a meal plan for students to allow dining in the on-campus facilities. These plans are offered at many different levels to accommodate individual budgets. Most campuses also require students to pay for medical insurance to allow them to utilize on-campus medical facilities for check-ups, basic testing and prescriptions for common illnesses. This insurance typically costs under $1,000 per year. Other costs to add in your living and studying in USA budget are fees for student activities, which amount to a few hundred dollars per year and reference books, which can cost between $500 and $1,500 per year.

The USA student visa or F-1 visa (Academic Student) allows an individual to enter the United States as a full-time USA student at an accredited college, university or other academic institution. A student must be enrolled in a program or course of study that culminates in a degree, diploma or certificate and the school must be authorised by the US government to accept international students. Steps for applying for a USA student visa USA student visa application process starts with the receipt of an I-20. The I-20 confirms a student’s acceptance and enrolment at any American university or other educational institution. Pay the SEVIS fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) Pay the visa fee at the nominated bank Complete USA student visa application form Book a visa interview appointment Attend your visa interview Your passport is returned to you by courier.

International students in USA can work in a job on campus up to 20 hours a week. Many students find that their time is better spent taking internships or practical training, which allows them to work for university credit in a job in a related field. All USA universities also offer extra-curricular activities that provide real-world job experience. After the first year of study in USA, students may apply for permission to work off campus for up to 20 hours a week. Note, that there is no guarantee that this request will be granted. Another option that appeals to many international students in USA is to broaden their study experience through semester or summer-long study abroad and exchange programs, offered by most universities as well as outside study abroad providers. Following graduation, students on an F-1 visa can apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT), which allows them to work in their chosen field for 12-24 months after completing their studies. Some companies may even sponsor students for a H1-B Temporary Worker Visa, allowing them to continue living in USA as long as they work for that company. Most USA institutions have a career services department staffed with professionals focused on helping students with their résumé, teaching job interview skills, and helping them find job opportunities.

UK pathway providers offer pre-university preparation through foundation-level courses. These can help you to achieve entry to university or to prepare for university-level studies in the UK. UK Undergraduate (bachelor) degrees in the UK are essential for many top-level careers and are normally studied over three years in England and Wales and four years in Scotland. They are mainly taught degrees, with teaching varying in format but usually taking place in large group lectures and small group tutorials. Postgraduate degrees in the UK can be academic or focused on a particular industry you are looking to enter. You will generally need to have achieved an undergraduate (bachelor) degree or equivalent to be accepted into a postgraduate course. To apply to study in the UK you will need to use a registered UCAS center.

Studying in the UK offers excellent value for money and although studying in the UK is sometimes thought of as expensive, the reality is quite different. Courses in the UK are often shorter and more intensive than in other countries. This will help you to save on tuition fees and living costs. Tuition Fees in the United Kingdom start at: GBP£ 9,000 per academic year Accommodation in Canada cost: Start at around £ 300 a month to rent a room (Tuition and Accommodation fees will depend on your location and University choice, course choice may further impact your tuition fees).

When you apply for the visa you must provide: a current passport or other valid travel documentation proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18 your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa. You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances. Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days. If you are applying for a visa to come to the UK for more than six months you will need to pay an additional NHS health surcharge of £150 per year. This includes students applying from within the UK or from outside the UK.

During your study in the UK: You can work part-time, volunteer or complete a work placement or sandwich course during your study in the UK, all of which are valuable work-based experiences that can provide an edge and build your résumé. Most UK universities and institutions have a dedicated careers centre that can advise students on all aspects of gaining employment during and after their studies.

Not available at the moment

Not available at the moment

Not available at the moment

Not available at the moment

Higher education courses can be taken to earn an advanced degree and continue your studies in Australia. There are three main types of higher education which lead to Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Degrees. In Australia it is quite common for students to enrol in a double or combined Bachelor Degree program which leads to the award of two Bachelor Degrees. This is most common in the fields of arts, commerce, law and science. Australian institutions offer a wide range of courses – from science to management and commerce, humanities to engineering, and law to health sciences. Australian institutions rank among the world’s best by discipline, particularly in engineering and technology, medicine, environmental science, and accounting and finance.

Australia’s cost of living is comparable with the United States and United Kingdom. You can earn a small amount by working part-time up to 40 hours every two weeks while you study. However, you cannot rely on this as your only source of income. Tuition fees in Australia start at AUS$15,000 per academic year and Accommodation in Australia costs Start at around $165 to $440 per week to rent a room (Tuition and Accommodation fees will depend on your location and University choice, course choice may further impact your tuition fees).

The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are: Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate. Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirements. Have sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs. Show English language proficiency. Meet health and character requirements. Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). International students undertaking formal studies in Australia, and their dependents (for example, spouses and children under 18 years old), must obtain OSHC. It includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals (medicines).

Most student visas allow you to work for up to 40 hours every two weeks while your course is in session, and unrestricted hours during any scheduled course break. Working while you study in Australia can help complement your study and living experience. There are a number of reasons you might want to undertake part time work while studying in Australia, including assisting with living expenses and gaining work experience in your study area. After your graduation, you have several options available to you whether you stay in Australia or head home. You may be able to continue your studies in Australia to pursue a higher level qualification or another field of study, you may be eligible to undertake post study work to put your newly gained knowledge to use and gain work experience in Australia, or you may choose to go home to undertake further study or work there. Speak to your advisor to find out more.

Third-level education is made up of a number of sectors. The university sector, the technological sector and the colleges of education are substantially funded by the State. In addition there are a number of independent private colleges. There are seven universities, which are autonomous and self-governing. They offer degree programmes at bachelor, masters and doctorate level. The technological sector includes institutes of technology which provide programmes of education and training in areas such as business, science, engineering, linguistics and music to certificate, diploma and degree levels. The Department of Education and Skills has overall responsibility for the sector.

Tuition when studying in Ireland can cost between Euro 8,000 and Euro 14,000 per year for an undergraduate program. For postgraduate programs it may cost between Euro 11,000 and Euro 20,000 per year. Precisely how much you will need will vary depending on where you are studying in Ireland, on the type of accommodation you choose and, of course, on your own personal lifestyle. But, on average, we estimate that a student will spend between €7,000 and €12,000 per year.

Students are strongly advised to arrange insurance for private medical care as this ensures choice of hospital, doctor and hospital accommodation in the event of illness. Please note that you can only arrange health insurance with an Irish Health Insurance Provider when you are living in Ireland.

International students engaged in full-time study of at least one year’s duration (on a course leading to a qualification which is recognised by the Irish Department of Education and Skills currently do not need a work permit to work in Ireland. Post Study Pathways for International Students It may be possible to stay in Ireland after you complete your studies for the purpose of seeking employment under the Irish Third Level Graduate Scheme. This scheme exists to allow legally resident non-EU third level graduates to remain in Ireland in order to look for employment or apply for a green card/work permit.